Wade Harrison is the managing director and founder of RED (Resilience Emergency Disaster) Consultant in Brisbane, Australia.
Wade has a strong background in delivering programs of work in the areas of resilience, disaster and emergency management, critical incident management and business continuity. Wade has nearly 15 years’ experience in the field having successfully worked for both state and local government agencies, as well as a number of private organisations across a range of industries.
Areas of expertise
- Emergency and crisis management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Operations centre management
- Business continuity
- Fire Safety management
- Training design and management
- Exercise development and facilitation
- Emergency volunteer management.
Qualification and professional affiliations
- Master of Emergency Management, Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Education, Queensland University of Technology
- Accredited Fire Safety Advisor
- Certificate, Managing Emergency Exercises, Emergency Management Australia
- Certificate, Emergency Coordination Centre Training, Emergency Management Australia
- Certificate, Australasian Inter-Service Incident Management System, Qld Fire & Rescue Service
- Certificate, Safety Leadership Course, DuPont
- Peer reviewer for the Australian Journal of Emergency Management (AJEM)
- Visiting Fellow – Disaster Management Program (2016), Queensland University of Technology
- Member of International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM), Oceania Region.